This is part 3 of the Stress Management Series. Please be sure to read parts 1 and 2 if you’ve missed them! Here is a continuation of de-stressing tips for good health – mind and body!
1) Do NOTHING for 2 minutes! Center yourself and relax. Here is a neat little link a friend shared with me. Test it out! http://donothingfor2minutes.com/
2) Try out a relaxation cd. There are plenty to choose from online. Every night my husband plays (very softly) a “deep sleep” cd in his laptop for us. I sleep like a baby every night.
3) Try some yoga! Not only will it promote deep breathing (which really relaxes you!), you will find your more flexible and a lot less stiff!
4) Practice deep breathing. Breathe in to the count of 4, hold it for 4 counts, breathe out for 4 counts, and then hold for 4 counts. Repeat this several times. There are several different deep breathing techniques. Try searching online for “deep breathing techniques” and find one that suits you!
5) Use some positive reinforcement or affirmations. “I am happy, I am healthy, I am wealthy, I am wise” or “I am calm and centered” are a couple of my favorite mantras. Say them over and over again until you believe them!!
6) Visualization or mini-meditation, as some would call it, can take you away to another place and time. Simply relax your muscles one by one starting from your scalp and working your way down your body. Then imagine yourself in a place that makes you feel very relaxed. For me, I’m on a beach in Pensacola, Florida – my favorite vacation spot. I feel the warmth of the sun on my face, listen to the waves crashing on the shore, and smell the salty air. Use all of your senses. All you need is 5 minutes and an imagination to be anywhere you want!
If you would like more information on relaxation cd’s or visualization/meditation, please feel free to contact me via email to Dawn@Weed-Pro.com.