Summer is in full swing here in Ohio, and along with stiffling tempretures one other thing can be counted on. Bugs in your home!
Often during the summer, insects look to find relief from the conditions, or often look for food sources in your home. While at the peak of their activity and population, summer is often the time of year you'll see more creepy crawlies around the house.
Tips To Keep Bugs Out of the Home
You know Weed Pro for being Ohio's Number One Lawn Care provider, but we also handle pest control to keep bugs out of your home. As summer rages on, we'd like to offer these tips to help keep bugs out of your house.
- Seal Doors and Pipes Coming Into the House - these openings may seem small, but they are the perfect size for pests to enter your home. Picking up a couple of cans of expanding foam can seal up those gaps quickly.
- Fixing Cuts and Holes in Window Screens - picking up a patch kit from the local hardware store and fixing your screens can help keep bugs from entering your home.
- Keep the Buffet Line Closed! - store all food in air tight containers and pick up your pets food after they are done with it. Smell of this food will drive insects from the outdoors into your home for an all-you-can-eat dinner!
- Keep Your Foundation Clear of Debris - keeping your foundation free of plants and weeds can help reduce the chance of bugs using them as bridges into your home.
- Proper Lawn Care! - having a lawn care company not only treat your lawn with fertilizer, but also insect control will help keep the number of insects to a minimum around your home.