During this rough stretch in the economy, we're all trying to save as many dollars by shopping smart. It's no different when shopping for lawn care in Columbus or Cleveland! While it's great to save money on lawn care, often to save a few dollars consumers sacrifice things that they really need. This article will examine 5 different ways you can save some cash, without your lawn care service suffering.
- Know the Size of Your Lawn! Not Your Property! Often when pricing lawn care services, companies will use property measurements taken by the local municipality. This is often referred to as lot size. The bad thing about lot sizes is that the measurement includes your house, driveway, and landscape beds. This means that you end up paying for a lot more fertilizer than you actually need.
The best thing to do is to measure the area of your turf yourself, or make sure that the company you're using is only measuring your lawn. Weed Pro uses a satellite image of your house, measuring only the grass area we treat. This ensures that you'll pay the correct amount for your lawn care.
- Preventative Treatments are a MUST! Often when shopping for lawn care on a budget, the first casualty is usually the crabgrass and grub preventer applications. Now I understand that these treatments may seem a bit expensive, but are extremely cheap compared to the curative treatments once you have these problems. So while you may think your saving yourself a few bucks, you're actually just causing yourself a bigger bill later.
- Ask For Prepay, Senior & Military Discounts! When purchasing lawn care, most lawn care companies are willing to offer a prepay discount to encourage their customers to pay up front. Most often this amount is 5%, and with companies like Weed Pro can even be as much as 7%. Additionally, companies offer Senior & Military discounts that can be added on to make the savings even greater! Remember, it never hurts to ask, so ask!
- Spot Treat before it Spreads! Lawn care companies like Weed Pro will leave lawn evaluation sheets throughout the year to help you keep track of your lawns health. It's important that you read these so you can help take care of problems before they harm the overall health of your entire lawn. Often fungus and disease present themselves in smaller areas at first. Treating these problems costs you a little extra money, however if left untreated could ruin your lawn. Similar to your health, treating a smaller problem will cost you a lot less than letting it spread.
- Free Weed Touch Up Treatments! Weeds are pesky and no company can guarantee that you'll never get them. That's why it's important that you work with a company that offers unlimited weed touch-ups throughout the year. Some companies offer this service for a charge, so it's important that you identify those that provide this service for free up front.
Need More Tips for Hiring a Lawn Care Company? We've Got You Covered!
Hiring a great lawn care company and saving money can both be accomplished if you know what you're looking for! That's why Weed Pro has put together the ultimate lawn care company hiring guide for you to use when looking for lawn care companies. The best part is that this guide is absolutely free! Simply click the button below to download your free copy today!
|Shaun Kanary has been a part of the Green Industry for the past 15 years. As the Director of Marketing for Weed Pro Lawn Care, a Cleveland and Columbus Lawn Care Service Provider, Shaun is a regular contributor to the Weed Pro Blog, and other industry magazine and blogs.
Shaun on Google+ Shaun on LinkedIn Shaun on Twitter