Turning your lawn over to a lawn care service can save you a lot of time and energy--if they're good at doing their job, that is. Wouldn't it be great to come home from a long day at the office to find your lawn looking great and healthy all season long?
To help you sift through the many lawn care companies available to you, we've put together some questions to ask. As you compare the answers given to you from the lawn care companies you consult, you'll get a clear picture of which company will serve you best. Ask the following:
1. What do other customers say about your company? Feel free to ask lawn care companies for lists of references: people you can contact and ask about their experiences with the companies.
2. What guarantees do you offer for your work? Always seek a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee on their work; this ensures that they're proud of the work they do and the products they use.
3. Are your technicians state certified? Some lawn care companies provide generic training and certification for their companies across the country, but this training is often not specific to Ohio, which has its own unique set of common lawn problems and pests.
4. Will the same technician service my lawn throughout the season? When the same person takes care of your lawn each time, he becomes familiar with the health of your lawn and any problems that need to be addressed.
5. Do you provide free customer service and education? A thorough lawn care service will be happy to always address your concerns and inform you of upcoming seasonal changes to keep your lawn in top form year round.
6. What is included in your standard service? Don't let a lawn care company catch you off guard by charging you random fees for "extra" services. Find out up front what is included in their standard service and what might cost extra.
7. How many fertilizer treatments do you apply each season? A thoughtful lawn care company will provide a set amount of fertilizer treatments but understand that different lawns may require different treatments. They'll keep an eye on your lawn and provide special coverage when necessary.
8. What is your process for proactively communicating with you? It's your lawn, and you have a right to know how it's doing. Seek out a company that regularly provides in-person communication.
9. Do you have the latest lawn care technology? Up-to-date, well-maintained equipment is a must for a professionally cared-for lawn.
11. Do you offer free service calls? When you notice something wrong, will your lawn care service check out the problem without charging you an extra fee?
12. Do you charge the same price no matter where you live in the service area? Some companies levy fuel surcharges on customers that live on the outskirts of their service area.
13. Do you offer online account management? Take care of your lawn care account as easily as you do your online banking.
14. How many customers do you currently service? Seek out a company that has the time to dedicate individualized attention to your lawn.
15. Do you make customer service a priority? If not, you could find yourself frustrated.
|Robert Palmer is the founder and owner of Weed Pro Lawn Care. Since opening in 2001, Weed Pro Lawn Care has become one of the nation’s leading lawn care companies. A respected leader in both the local community & industry, Rob has received many industry awards, such as the OTF’s Lawn Care Professional of the year. Additionally, Rob is a regular contributor to the Weed Pro Blog, and other industry magazines and blogs.
Rob on Google+ Rob on LinkedIn Rob on Twitter
Image Credit: StockMonkeys.com