As we all recover from a fantastic fourth of July weekend spent celebrating our independence and love of fireworks, we decided to put together this patriotic-themed blog post taking a look at another "Declaration of Independence." While we intend no disrespect to perhaps the greatest piece of parchment this country, and Nick Cage, has ever known; Weed Pro would like to help you declare independence from a lawn full of weeds with these 5 tips.
- Weeds HATE a Well Fed, Thick Lawn - A healthy, thick lawn is a weed's worst enemy. When your lawn is thick, weeds have no room to grow and are naturally choked out. The best way to develop a healthy lawn is with a well balanced, properly timed lawn care package that delivers nutrients to your lawn throughout the entire season.
- Keep The Lawn Tall to Weed-Out Competition - Along with a thick lawn, keeping your lawn at a longer length can help reduce stress from being cut to short. Sometimes when cutting your lawn short, you open up your lawn to disease, fungus, and insects. Keeping your lawn at 3 1/2 - 4" ensures that your lawn will stay healthier and weed free.
- The Spring Preemptive Strike - Early season and late spring crabgrass and broadleaf weed pre-emergent can help control the outbreak of weeds in your lawn. This helps you establish a thicker, healthier lawn at the beginning of the season and allows you to keep on top of the situation.
- Stop it Before it Spreads - Treat weeds before they have a chance to go to seed and spread throughout your lawn. Keeping on top of your weed situation will help prevent them from spreading throughout your lawn.
- Aerating in the Fall - Lawn core aerations help alleviate compressed soil and creates thousands of tiny holes for roots to spread out and grow. This allows your turf to thicken and naturally choke out weeds. A lawn aeration should be performed in the fall, allowing for your lawn to recover from a stressful summer season.
Explore Your Right to a Great Looking Landscape with Our iPhone App!
You as a homeowner have the right to a beautiful lawn and landscape! That's why Weed Pro has the perfect tool for you to gain your independence from weeds and other lawn problems! Weed Pro's Mobile App is chock full of great resources for you to use to get the best landscape and lawn. Videos, photo guides, and other tools will help you determine the best course of action for your lawn and landscape. The best part is that it's available in the iTunes or Google Play store absolutely free! Use the button below to download a Free App Guide along with links to the application!
|Shaun Kanary has been a part of the Green Industry for the past 15 years. As the Director of Marketing for Weed Pro Lawn Care, a Cleveland and Columbus Lawn Care Service Provider, Shaun is a regular contributor to the Weed Pro Blog, and other industry magazines and blogs.
Shaun on Google+ Shaun on LinkedIn Shaun on Twitter