As spring approaches, our "honey-do" lists become overwhelmingly filled with tasks we must complete to get our lawn and landscape off to a great start. However, the past summer has left us wondering if caring for our own lawn is in our best interest. No matter how much fertilizer you put down, your lawn just didn't look quite right. We finally can admit to ourselves that it may be time to hire a lawn care service company. But the question often is, do you really need to hire one? That's why we'll break it down and examine the pros & cons to hiring a lawn care company.
- Saving Time - Perhaps the biggest benefit to hiring a lawn care company is the time you will save taking care of your lawn. Lawn care companies afford you the opportunity to sit back and enjoy your lawn, letting someone else worry about the overall health of your turf throughout the season.
- Not as Expensive as You Thought - Often, consumers think that lawn care services are very pricey, and are significantly higher in cost than caring for the turf yourself. This is often not true with many programs costing significantly less than buying and applying all the products yourself.
- Professional Results - You can do a lot of things yourself around the house, however many times the results aren't what a professional can deliver. Hiring a professional lawn care company to care for your lawn will often lead to results you just can't get yourself.
- Safety - Certain lawn care products can sometimes be dangerous if not handled correctly. Weed Pro prides itself on using some of the safest products on the market, with certified and trained technicians applying materials at state and federal mandated levels. This ensures a safe lawn for you and your family.
- Which Company? Choosing a lawn care company can be a daunting task. With so many options, it's hard to choose which company best suits your needs. Be sure to check out our FREE Hiring Guide at the end of this article to help you with this process.
- What Program is Right for You? Choosing a lawn care program can also be a difficult choice with all the options out there. How many applications do you need? Which products should you apply? With so many options, choosing a lawn care program can be intimidating. It's always best to build a program around your lawn's particular needs, and the area you live in.
- Supplemental Care - Fertilizing is just one piece of the puzzle. Proper care for your lawn includes mowing and watering correctly. However these practices change throughout the year and should be built into a proper lawn care program. A lawn care company should provide you this information as the season goes along, complimenting the services they provide.
What Should You be Looking For in a Lawn Care Company? Get The Guide!
After determining that you should hire a lawn care company, the obvious next question is which company should you go with? However, comparing lawn care companies can be quite a challenge if you don't know what you need to be looking for. That's why we've put together the Ultimate Lawn Care Company Hiring Guide and have made it available to download ABSOLUTELY FREE by clicking on the button below. In this guide, you'll learn everything you need to know when it comes to hiring a lawn care company. So get your free copy by downloading the button below!
|Shaun Kanary has been a part of the Green Industry for the past 15 years. As the Director of Marketing for Weed Pro Lawn Care, a Cleveland and Columbus Lawn Care Service Provider, Shaun is a regular contributor to the Weed Pro Blog, and other industry magazine and blogs.
Shaun on Google+ Shaun on LinkedIn Shaun on Twitter