You depend on your lawn mower a lot throughout the year and it’s about time to give your mower a tune-up this spring. It can be hard to know exactly what you need to do exactly to keep your lawn mower in top shape. Well, Weed Pro has you covered with the top five lawn mower tune-up tips!
- Check the oil- If you didn’t change the oil at the end of last season, it would be a good idea to do that now. An engine can overheat and fail prematurely with insufficient or dirty oil. Checking and changing your oil now can save you money by extending the life of your lawn mower.
- Know the steps- Know the steps of how to tune-up your lawn mower. Helpful video or picture guides, like this one, will walk you through step-by-step on what you need to do to help your lawn mower run its best.
- Be sharp and sharpen your blades- One of the biggest mistakes you can make when you begin mowing your lawn again is not sharpening the blades of the lawn mower. Dull blades can cause some serious damage to your lawn by ripping out the grass instead of cutting it. For information on how to sharpen your blades, click here.
- Have the right tools- Knowing the tools that you will need for the project will save you time later on. For a complete list of tools that you will need to give your lawn mower a tune-up, click here.
- Do some research- This is said a lot, but knowing the proper techniques for mowing your lawn can save you time, money, and frustration in the long run. To learn what you could be doing wrong, read this article for more information on tips and tricks on mowing this spring.
There’s more than just mowing to get a beautiful lawn this spring!
In lawn care, being late can mean the difference between a beautiful lawn, and one that is full of weeds. That's why we've laid out step-by-step everything you need to know when it comes to lawn care material and when to apply it for the month of May. The best part is that this guide is yours, absolutely FREE by clicking on the link below.