The beautiful weather and warm temperatures mean lots of time spent outdoors with friends and family. Unfortunately, as the weather heats up, outdoor bugs come out to play- mosquitos, ticks, and fruit flies- Oh my! Protect yourself and your family from bugs this summer without harmful chemicals with Weed Pro’s top five tips!
- Keep your lawn cut short- Summer bugs love to hide in tall grass and underbrush. By keeping your lawn cut short, you reduce the chance of bites from bugs like ticks.
- Dress for the occasion- When enjoying outdoor activities, like hiking, wear long sleeved shirts, long pants, and socks. Also, tuck your pants into your socks for extra protection.
- What smells good to you, smells good to them- During the summer, refrain from using too much perfume as fragrances draw insects.
- Keep the bugs out of your house- Keep the bugs where they belong and out of your home by making sure all of the screens in your windows and doors are in good repair. Also, try to stay inside during dusk and dawn when it is peak times for mosquito activity.
- Choose natural remedies- In the summer, getting bitten and stung is sometimes inevitable. Luckily, there are some great and natural home remedies from tea tree oil, baking soda, yellow onion, and vinegar. For more information on these home remedies, click here.
Create your dream destination for your outdoor adventures!
In lawn care, being late can mean the difference between a beautiful lawn, and one that is full of weeds. That's why we've laid out step-by-step everything you need to know when it comes to lawn care material and when to apply it for the month of June. The best part is that this guide is yours, absolutely FREE by clicking on the link below. Also, make sure to check out our packages page for our great deals this summer!