Choosing a lawn care company can be difficult especially to those with little or no knowledge of the industry. Luckily, there are many great options of lawn care professionals (besides Weed Pro) just in your backyard of Ohio. In addition, it can be hard to decipher the company’s website and reviews. To help keep you, the consumer, make an informed and quality decision, we will take a look at Weed Man and how they can fulfill your lawn care needs.
History of Weed Man
With its Canadian roots, the company was established by Desmond Rice in 1970 in Mississauga, Ontario. In 1976, the company began franchising and now has over 250 franchises across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. They have a focus on maintaining healthy surroundings for families with a specialized expertise in horticultural, or growing of fruits and vegetables, challenges. They pride themselves on having a procedure that differs from other lawn care agencies, a preventative approach. Today’s government agencies recommend an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) procedure that is similar to the approach that was long employed by Weed Man professionals. Weed Man has a strong history of success among its many franchises.
Care Tailored for Your Lawn
Weed Man offers a variety of lawn care services that are provided by local professionals at each franchise. They personally tailor their programs for your lawn. Their lawn care program starts with fertilization with their exclusive blend of fertilizers for weed, insect, and disease management. The program also includes aeration and seeding. They customize each program with a lawn care analysis designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. To learn more about their specific services, click here.
- An International Business- With over 250 franchises across three countries, this is a large company that serves many consumers; therefore, you can always find a branch nearby.
- Good Customer Service- Personable and genuine employees who listen to the customer’s lawn care needs and questions.
- Customized Services- They customize and personally construct to fir your lawn’s needs. They understand that every consumer’s lawn care needs are different; this makes a big difference to their established and loyal customers.
- Lack of Consistency- You can find this among many franchised organizations. When there are so many locations, it is hard to maintain procedures and consistency between the different locations with so many people working under the same name.
- Can Be Expensive- The price of the products and services can be expensive due to the individualized attention and plans. Of course you'll run into this with companies that are professional and do a thorough job. This often is looked as a "con" but is not.
- Miscommunication with Account Status- Another common theme that was seen in company reviews was that, because they are such a large company, there is often a miscommunication between the professionals providing the service and the customer service department, especially in regards to those who wish to discontinue their service.
Choose a Company That You Can Trust
If you still have a lot of questions on who you should hire when choosing your lawn care provider, that’s okay and we have you covered! This free guide will walk you through step-by-step everything you need to know when hiring a lawn care company. Learn what you need to look for by downloading your free guide below! If you're ready to compare prices for lawn care, make sure to visit our packages page to be able to compare apples with apples!